How are we lessening our carbon footprint?
Coach travel is the greenest way to travel in North America. One motor coach on the road is the equivalent of taking 55 cars from the road. Prince Edward Tours drastically decreases the number of cars driven each day, thus saving fuel, cutting emissions and reducing congestion. Prince Edward Tours is the green way to travel and is consistently seeking solutions to lessen the impact of transportation on our society.
Consistently seeking green solutions to lessen the impact of transportation on our society, Prince Edward Tours supports a sustainable future by:
- Recycling used tires
- Using alternative fuels
- Limiting idle time
- Using LED lamps
- Training employees on Green Initiatives
We seek to learn and use the best practices for environmentally sustainable transportation. Our service succeeds in taking thousands of vehicles off the road each year. We strive to reduce the number of cars on the road each and every day. PE Tour’s drivers and representatives take pride in their actions and have a firm commitment to environmental well being.
Why is a motor coach the best way to travel?
Did you know traveling by motor coach is the most environmentally friendly form of transportation available?
- Motor coaches have the lowest carbon footprint compared to all other modes of transportation.
- Switching to motor coach travel for the 12,500 miles traveled annually by the average automobile would reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 4.3 tons per automobile annually.
- Motor coaches are the most fuel-efficient transportation mode in North America when measured in terms of passenger miles per gallon of fuel.
- Motor coaches provide 184 passenger miles per gallon of fuel; single-occupant automobiles, in contrast, achieve 28 passenger miles per gallon.
- Carbon dioxide emissions are reduced by an average of 85% per passenger mile for every person who chooses motor coach travel instead of driving alone.
- Motor coaches emit the least carbon dioxide (CO2) per passenger mile when compared to other vehicles, and are on average 6 times more energy and fuel-efficient than single occupancy automobiles.
- Motor coaches are 3 times more efficient in reducing CO2 output when compared to commuter rail, and 5 times more efficient than transit buses.