PART TIME – TOUR SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Looking for a fun and entertaining part time job this summer/fall?
Prince Edward Tours Gray Line is seeking dynamic, innovative people to join our team in Charlottetown! From mid August to end of October, Prince Edward Tours will be one of the most exciting places to work!
Mid August – end of October: approximately 12-18 hours /week
Employees at our sightseeing tour deparment at the Visitor Information Centre in Charlottetown, are in ‘Travel Selling’ business! Recommending that perfect experience to visitors seeking activities to take part in on Prince Edward Island, is the primary role of the Kiosk Team!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fun, enthusiastic and eager to entertain people‐ with a passion for travel
- A self‐starter with limited need for supervision
- A sense of humour and willingness to become part of a growing team!
- Safety training required
- In depth knowledge of local history, heritage and culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative methods of communication
- Ability to do thorough research
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good conflict resolution
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
- Experience in dealing with cash
- Answer inquiries regarding information such as experiences offered.
- Determine whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested spaces when available.
- Make and confirm reservations for experiences using telephones and web reservations system
- Prepare customer receipts and accept payment.
- Work within sales targets assigned by management
- Maintain computerized inventories of available passenger space and provide information on space reserved or available.
- Assemble and issue required documentation, such as tickets and itineraries
- Provide customers with travel suggestions and information sources, brochures, and maps.
- Promote our experiences.
- Open and close information facilities, and keep them clean during operation.
- Contact motel, hotel, resort, and travel operators to obtain current advertising literature.
- Must be available for all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must pass initial training and probation period.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Experience working in tourism industry is an asset
- Retail sales and/or customer service
- Post-secondary education, preferably in retail, business or tourism management
Schedule will be on the mornings of every cruise ship coming to Charlottetown from 8:15am – 1:30pm; For complete cruise ship schedule, please see http://princeedwardtours.com/about-us/career-opportunities/
To apply: email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org